Are you looking for the best lens for Pentax K1000? Here, I have reviewed the best lens for Pentax K1000 is a legendary 35mm film SLR camera.
This particular model of Pentax DSLR uses a Pentax K bayonet mount. Pentax introduced this mount with its K-series DSLR cameras.
Here is the list of the best Pentax K1000 lenses:
- Best Standard Lens for Pentax K1000 - Pentax SMC DA 55mm f/1.4
- Best Kit Lens - SMC Pentax-M 50mm f/1.7
- Best Wide Angle Lens - SMC Pentax-M 28mm f/2.8
- Top Portrait Lens - SMC Pentax 135mm f/2.5
- Quality Zoom Lens - Vivitar Series 1 28-90mm f/2.8-3.5
- Best Macro Lens - PENTAX-M 100mm F4.0
Here, I have listed 10 best ones that you can choose from.
Best Lens for Pentax K1000
The Pentax K100 use bayonet lens mount "K- Mount" aka "PK-Mount". When you are searching for the best lens there are a lot of option out there.
Read the review below, to find out what for your photography style.
Pentax DA 50mm f1.8 lens - Standard Lens
This is a telephoto lens for Pentax DSLR cameras. But before buying always check if your particular model is a perfect match for this product.
This lens gives open values for your F and its iris diaphragm is round. You can take amazing photos portrait photos in bokeh or out-of-focus effect.
It has fast f/1.8 aperture, rounded diaphragm blades and a 76.5mm focal length (35mm format). It is available in Black color. It uses Pentax KAF mount.
It has an Ultrasonic focus type. Its dimension is 1.54 x 2.48 x 2.48 inches, and the weight of the lens is 4.30 ounces. It is a standard type lens.
It has a maximum aperture of 1.8mm. Its maximum focal length is 30. Its minimum aperture and focal length are 10. The size of its photo filter is 52mm.
- Outstanding control for depth of field.
- It is a good fit for fast f/1.8 cameras.
- For a beautiful and smooth bokeh effect in a bigger aperture, use this lens.
- Super Protect Coat protects the lens from grease, water, dust, and other adhesives.
- You cannot shift from manual to auto-focus mode.
- Quick Shift for change of focus is absent.
This lens is good as it has good protection from dust, water, or grease. Little raindrops will not harm your lens or the photo you take.
SMC Pentax-M 50mm F1.7- Manual Focus Lens
If you are looking for a generic lens that fits on any camera from Pentax, you should definitely go for this one. It has a great design and it is visually awesome.
Be it an auto or a manual focus camera, it fits on both types but you have to do your focusing manually for both. It has a very sharp and cool look. You will not mind having one on your Pentax.
It is made for Pentax K series. It is a standard 50mm camera. It is super multi coated and its optics consists six elements in five groups. Its diaphragm has six blades and its f-stop is 22.
It has a filter thread of 49mm in size. Its close focus is at 1.5 feet or 0.45 meter. Its maximum reproduction ratio is 1:1.25. Its dimension is 9.8 x 5.04 x 3.82 inches and it weighs 9.1 ounces. It is still in production, so you can buy it.
- Fitted on almost any camera from Pentax.
- Able to produce very sharp images.
- Has a cool design.
- Cannot focus automatically. It has manual focus only.
If you are looking for a standard camera lens, then this might pique your interest. You can buy it if you have a Pentax K series camera. Even if it is not K series you may try and see if it fits on your mount.
Pentax SMC M 28mm F2.8 Lens
Another lens for K-series Pentax cameras.
It has a prime design. It is a standard lens type with manual focus. It has an aperture of f/2.8. Its focal length is 28 mm. Its photo filter thread size is of 49 mm. Its dimensions are 6.6 x 3.7 x 2.8 inches and weighs 8.6 ounces. It is a wide-angle lens.
- It has remarkable versatility and sharpness.
- It has a manual focus.
- It is very old model.
Its excellent versatility and sharpness make it one of its kind. With manual focus you are in control. If you walk closer to your subject, you can actually have a very good photo with it. Total control is in your hands.
Pentax Asahi SMC 1:2.5/135 135mm 135 mm 1:2.5 2.5 - PK Bayonet
Pentax introduced two versions of this lens – 1975 and 1977. The 1977 version only has mm at the end of its name and that is the only difference between the two.
This lens consists of six elements in six groups. It has a total of eight aperture blades. Its minimum focal length is 59 inches. It can magnify up to 0.11x.
You can increase its magnification by using extension tubes or diopters. The filter threads at front are 58 mm. It is 86 mm in length and has weight of five hundred grams.
This medium range telephoto lens is a great travel companion. It is a very good option for single-lens shooting. You can shoot photos of your candid street.
You can also take photos of architectures. But you can take all other kinds of photos.
- Fits well on a full-frame K-1 digital SLR camera.
- Well, damped focus action during close-up shots.
- Easy to focus with the default focus screen on K-1 mounts.
- If you stop down the quality of the image.
- With a sharper image, its aberration goes down.
- Little heavy lens.
The lens is heavy. But if you have the patience to overcome the unfamiliar feeling, you will find it a very capable lens indeed. You should give it a try.
PENTAX-M 100mm F4.0 Macro Lens
If it is macro we are talking about, without any hesitation, I would like to mention this legendary Pentax macro lens. Among all the lenses that the manufacturer produced, this M series Pentax macro lens is the best.
It is a 4/100-millimeter macro lens. With this there is no need for either 85 mm or 100mm, unless you are a collector.
- You can also take portrait photos just fine.
- It gives a nice bokeh effect.
- If you wide open the lens it gives a smooth touch that works well with portrait photography.
- It takes very sharp photos especially well at 11 and 8 in far, mid, or near ranges.
- The performance it gives from one corner to the other is errorless.
- It is an awesome companion for a trip or camping adventure in the wild or in the mountain.
- If you go down to 32 or 22, you can get a halo effect in your pictures.
- Frontal light causes serious problems. Therefore, it is important to use a hood.
For a macro this lens gives you a lot of advantages. It can cover for two different types of lenses. If I were you, this would be in my collection.
Pentax DA 40mm f/2.8 XS Lens
This sleek masterpiece of a lens is for Pentax K-01 series mirrorless cameras. Its focal length is 40 mm which can work instead of 60 mm on a 35mm format. It has a bit longer viewing angle.
Existing and low light photography it uses a maximum aperture of f/2.8. It also offers great control over the depth view. It is great for general purpose photography.
Famed designer Marc Newsom’s creation, this lens has a very minimal but aesthetic design. It has very low profile with only 9.1 millimeters thickness and only weighs 51 grams.
The layer of Super Protect coating keeps dust, water or moisture away from the lens. As result, the photos have great color fidelity, contrast, and clarity.
KAF mount is a perfect fit for this lens. It can support automatic focus and control of diaphragm.
- Has a focal length of 60 millimeters.
- The equivalent of a 35mm.
- It is great for general-purpose shooting.
- Provides a great viewing angle.
- It produces smooth clear and natural photos.
- It has a fast f/2.8.
- Designed by Marc Newson for a minimal and attractive profile.
- It is thin and looks like a pancake.
- It has a Super Protect coating.
- Super small and very light in weight.
- Difficult to attach to or put off from the camera.
It is a very stylish camera lens. Serious or not-so-serious photographers should have it in their collection.
Pentax SMC DA 55mm f/1.4 SDM Prime Standard Lens
This lens does not need an introduction. Its speed in autofocus mode and accuracy make this a decent performer in its class. It gives amazing picture quality.
It provides great color saturation, sharpness, and contrast is also good. Even without much post-production work, the images are natural, lively, and good.
There is need for photo editing if you know how use this lens properly. Without a speck of doubt this is one of the best lenses.
Its focal length is 55mm, the maximum aperture is f/1.4, and the minimum aperture is f/22. It has nine elements in eight groups. It has 28.6 degrees of viewing angle with a Pentax DSLR. It features nine round blades.
Its minimum focusing distance is 1.48 feet. It can magnify up to 0.173x. The diameter of the filter is 58 mm. It has a fully controlled diaphragm. It uses Pentax mount.
Hence, it has a dimension of the lens is 2.6 x 2.76 x 2.76 inches and it weighs 13.2 ounces. It comes with a one-year warranty.
- Its pictures are sharp, have a good saturation of colors, bokeh, and contrast.
- It is weather-resistant.
- Besides, it is lightweight.
- Great IQ.
- Produces beautiful portraits.
- Awesome bokeh effect.
- Unbeatable clarity.
- Gives your images a 3D pop.
- The price is a bit on the higher side.
- In high contrast, there is a bit of purplish fringing.
- Autofocus is a bit slower.
- Sometimes it gives a squeaky noise during focusing. I have noticed a "squeak" sometimes when focusing
A must-have for any Pentax owner. It is a very good to buy.
Super 500mm/1000mm f/8 Manual Telephoto Lens
The reason why we need a telephoto lens is that we cannot always be very close to our target. Hence, we need one.
Even though we are very close to our target it is wise to use the telephoto lens to bring your target closer and manually focus for a sharper image.
This lens for Pentax K-series is a telephoto lens.
This lens has an advanced and optimized design. It utilizes four mirrors. It uses 4 optical glasses to reduce aberrations. It has an anti-reflective coating to reduce ghosting and flare effect.
As a result, it produces color fidelity and great contrast. It has a full metallic rear mount and body. It has a solid feel to it. In strong light condition it produces awesome sharpness, clarity and accuracy of color because of its low dispersion.
Multi-coating removes all kind of reflection and minimizes flare and ghost. It has various uses from professional to day-to-day photography.
It has manual 500 mm or 1000 mm focus system. It comes with 2x converter. It takes very good long-range photos in various conditions.
Besides, It has a nicely designed petal hood to remove the vignette effect in the picture. It helps reduce extra glare. You can position and lock the hood in any position to your liking.
This hood is good protection from potential and unwanted impact.
- High-definition Preset telephoto lens.
- Plus, High-definition telephoto converter for the SLR lens.
- Multi-coated HD UV haze glass filter.
- Good protection from impact.
- Sharp high-quality photos during daylight.
- Night vision is not as good as others on the list.
- Night photography is not impressive.
On paper, it has great specs but in action users did not find it very useful. But if you really have no other options available then go for it.
Pentax 100mm f/2.8 WR D FA SMC Macro Lens
It is another installment from the Pentax family. Although it is for macro with great specs on paper, there are other options available that beats this by many folds. Let us take a look.
This 100 mm DFA macro f/2.8 lens is weather sealed. It has a 1:1 maximum image magnification. It has changed cosmetics and improved build quality with the barrel of aluminum.
There is no aperture ring and it cannot fit with the old film cameras. Rounded aperture blades mean to produce a smooth pleasing effect on photos.
The lens mount is rubber sealed. The lens front has a coating of Super Protect.
- It produces razor-sharp photo with clarity.
- Photos show great Colors.
- Autofocus is very accurate.
- Autofocus is very slow.
- Autofocus is prone to hunting.
It has good specs. If you are in the market for a great option with great performance, this may not be the only one. So, check out other options before you finally decide to buy this lens.